Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Walk That Wasn't (Fortunately)

As you may know, I'm in the habit of going for a walk around the perimeters of the hospital whenever the weather permits. I usually go around noon. Today, as I was working by myself and was fairly busy, I decided to not go for my walk. Just didn't feel up to it. Anyway, and you'll be reading about it in the paper, there was a shoot-out in front of the hospital just before noon. No passer-bye's were hurt, and I know it was a freak occurrence, but don't you feel it was a little fortuitous that I didn't go for my walk today? I do. Is it no coincidence that today was the National Day of Prayer? I had prayer on my mind all throughout the day, and I guess God had me on His mind too. So although this one isolated incident won't keep me from walking (but from now on, I'm always walking with a buddy), I do believe the Spirit was with me today when I decided to forgo my walk. I'm glad that other people were praying for me and that the Spirit held me close. Just goes to show that God looks after those who seek Him. Thank you, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment