Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Master Naturalist

Yippee! I've been accepted into the Illinois Master Naturalist program. Orientation is tomorrow. This is something I'm really looking forward to and I hope will enjoy. I want to learn all about this region and share it with others. People today are so distanced from the natural world. I believe this is the source of a lot of the world's problems. You don't want to blow up the things you love, so if everyone loved Mother Earth.....as Chrissie Hynde put it "Bring on the revolution--as we watch the children play/remember how the privileged classes grew/and from this day/we set out to undo/ what won't undo/looking for the grand in the minute/every breath justifies/every step that we take to remove/what the powers that be can't prove/and the children will understand why..."

No comments:

Post a Comment