Friday, May 14, 2010

Ponderings

This is a difficult time of year for me. It's been almost one year since my friend Lorenzo died. I know he's in a better place but why did he have to be taken so suddenly and violently? Why do things that start out good often end in heartbreak? It's never easy to lose a friend but why does God give us good friends, only to take them away? Or is God even to blame? Sometimes the Universe puzzles me; sometimes it seems like the sadness out-weighs the good in life. Sometimes we lose a friend, not physically, but emotionally and spiritually. Sometimes the people we thought were our friends turn out to be untrustworthy and back-stabbing. Lorenzo saw value in suffering; he believed that our suffering had a healing effect on all the suffering in the world. I wonder. Sometimes, when I can't see fit to thank God for what life has given me, I instead thank God for the good things still to come. I think Lorenzo would approve of my view. Hindsight isn't always 20/20. Sometimes when you look back, all you see is a big mess. So don't spend so much time looking back--forward is where your life is.

1 comment:

  1. I think when we live in the future, then we miss out on the now. All we really have is this very minute. Take a breath, feel the vibrancy of the process of breathing in the energy of now. It is the energy of God's life force. It is all we really have as things can change in a heartbeat. Life is messy - that's where the lessons lie - in trying to make sense out of the illogical, messy details that life throws at us.

    ReplyDelete