Thursday, March 13, 2014

Wandering but not lost

It's been a long time since I've updated my blog--Boxer passed on back in November of 2012 and his last months were hard for me. It's hard to watch the animal you've loved for fourteen years deteriorate in body and mind. I do believe he had some form of dementia towards the end. I have a new dog, Jaxon, whom I rescued in April of last year. He's a Plotthound-German shepherd mix (I think). He's such a sweet, happy dog. He loves everyone, rarely barks, and has become quite the couch potato. 
     I was involved in an auto accident (no fault of mine) at the beginning of January when a guy rear-ended me driving a Ford F-150. My car was totaled. I recently got a 2004 Grand Am and it's a good car. I was very stressed out for the first two months of this year; last night was the first time I'd driven in heavy (interstate) traffic since the accident. It went pretty smoothly so I must be back to "normal" whatever that is.
      I've lost about 14 pounds since last August and I've been working out at Nautilus so I can lose more and shape up. I feel stronger since I've been working out and I don't have near as much pain in my shoulders.
     I wonder where my life is headed. I've reached that age where I'm gonna do what I'm gonna do and nobody is going to stop me. I've spent way too much of my life being what other people thought I should be--trouble is, it wasn't me. Over the last few years, I've noticed that people have developed strong opinions about me--they either love me or hate me, but I'm not :"invisible" like I was in the past. I'm starting to realize that I have a mysterious soul, and that scares some people.   There's no need to be afraid--I'm just more spiritually inclined than a lot of people.
     Now that my life has recovered from losing Boxer, I'll try to write more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment