Thursday, September 17, 2009

Autumn is almost here.....

Yes, it's almost that time of the year again--the time of changing seasons, bright colors, cool, crisp mornings and long walks through the woods. Soon I'll be wearing flannel shirts and my jeans jacket, perhaps even my wool jacket. The frost will make all the world look like it's been preserved in crystal, melting away into a warm autumn afternoon. I love the fall, it's my very favorite season. the crickets come into my basement (and occasionally the rest of my house), singing their merry little chirps. Various birds are passing through the area as they migrate to southern climes. I wish this season would last forever--well, maybe not forever, but for as long as possible. It's such a beautiful time of year. Have a bountiful autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment