Sunday, May 11, 2014

Natural beauty

I want to share two "recipes" for natural beauty products that I've made recently. The first comes from "Herb Quarterly" and is a facial mask. Using a coffee grinder on the expresso setting, grind enough coffee beans to make a quarter cup of powdery beans (they have to be finely ground or the recipe won't work). Add one-fourth cup powdered cocoa and one-half cup whole milk. Stir together till it forms a creamy paste. Apply to face and leave on for fifteen minutes, then rinse off. This leaves my skin feeling toned and soothed at the same time.
     The other recipe comes from a fashion blog I follow. It's for a dry shampoo and works well when your hair is oily but you don't want to wash it everyday cause it's too drying. Take a half-cup of cornstarch, one tablespoon of baking soda, one tablespoon cocoa powder and one teaspoon of cinnamon. Mix together well and put in a shaker jar (I used a vintage sugar shaker). Apply to dry hair and use a large make-up brush to distribute throughout hair. This keeps your hair looking good and smelling good.
     I finally got the book "Wildly Affordable Organic" and am preparing to change the way I buy and cook food. My garden is doing well at present, peas,beans, and tomatoes are doing well. Still waiting to transplant peppers and eggplants. My herb garden is in the front yard and so far I have sage, rosemary, cilantro, and I just planted basil and fenugreek today.  I have basil and parsley indoors.  Everything is coming up green.

No comments:

Post a Comment